Pages

Friday, August 28, 2009

More of NYT's "Roving Runner"

Who wants to go to NYC with me to recreate the Roving Runner's running tours?

This first column is fun for me because writer Brian Fidelman's introduction reminds me of the stories my dad would tell me, when I was young, of how he would ride the bus to County Stadium (Milwaukee, WI) when he was young to watch the Milwaukee Braves.

The Roving Runner: Baseball Nostalgia in the Bronx
I like this second one because it illustrates what I have heard from many people who have lived in NYC. No matter how long you've lived there, there are always many places you've never been. It seems running may be a great way to explore New York City.

The Roving Runner: Roosevelt Island

And this one on running around the U.S. Open (tennis)complex. Fun!

The Roving Runner: A Tennis Tour on Foot

No comments:

Post a Comment